Xbox 360 Black Ops 2 probation warning

Cyberdroid

Appologizes for the last user title
A friend of mine mentioned that he had gotten a probation warning for quitting not completing online games. He is saying that the connection usually sucks and he gets dropped. So in his point of view Activsion is at fault. I wonder how long the ban last for, is it 30 mins or 5 mins? I personally don't quit games but this made me laugh. Anyone else get one of these warnings when playing Black Ops 2?

Probation Warning.jpg

Last edited:
For the most part, I have a good, stable connection, so I rarely ever get dropped from a match. I've never gotten this warning before, but a friend of mine got really upset during a match the other night and left early, and they put a 5 minute delay on him before he could go into another match.

I had heard about the new policy where you get a probation whenever you leave a match early, but I didn't think they would actually enforce it, just like they say they'll ban people for cheating, yet you still see cheaters all the time. I wonder if this new probation thing will actually do any good?

What kind of internet connection does your friend have? Is he on a broadband connection? Perhaps he can run a speed test on his connection and send it into Activision to show them that it is a connection issue and therefore not his fault?

What kind of internet connection does your friend have? Is he on a broadband connection? Perhaps he can run a speed test on his connection and send it into Activision to show them that it is a connection issue and therefore not his fault?

To put it in one word: boom.

It only does that in League Play.

I heard about the probation warning and I think it's a good idea, except in situations like this. I feel bad for anyone who has an unstable connection.

I've received that message once and I only couldn't play for about five minutes. I'm honestly not sure why the message even appeared for me because at the moment that it happened, everyone had got kicked from the game. I think it was the host who had a bad connection. There have, however, been times when I leave a game because I get angry and I'm like GRR! During those times, which is probably once a week, I've never received a probation message.

It usually varies how long you will be banned. If this is the first it only take less that an hour. If you keep receiving this warning the ban will be longer than the previous one, until they ban your account. I am quite confused because I play Black Ops 2 and I usually don’t receive this warning if it caused by bad connections.

Coming from someone who thinks probation is a bit sketchy and does very little to stop people from quitting, your friend is at fault. If he has a bad connection, he should get it fixed, as it can affect more than just him. If he's host, lagging out can sometimes cause the game to end, which is partially due to the host migration system being faulty. He should call his ISP if he pays for what should be decent service; frankly, I couldn't bear to play online games with a poor connection.

I had a problem with my line for a while some time ago, so when I get into a game it cuts me off after about 2 minutes, every single game. First time I got a 5 min warning, the next time I got a 4 hour warning.. Luckily my internet got fixed. The warning obviously goes away after time, but who knows what happens after many times.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back