The last good Rare game?

fantanoice

So for those who are fans of Rare/Rareware, do you feel this was the last good game they made?

I've played a couple of the games they have developed since Microsoft purchased them but this was the only one that really felt like it captured the classic Rareware feel of games like Star Fox Adventures and Banjo Kazooie (even more than Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts). Does anybody else agree?

It was one of the last that I enjoyed. Viva piñata was okay too, but it seems they have been going downhill. I was actually a little disappointed that they were not behind Killer Instinct.

Yeah I was disappointed to hear that as well. It sounded like a good opportunity for a Rare comeback with an old franchise but instead it is getting developed by another team? That just seems so silly.

I have yet to give Kameo a try, but I long for anything that shows me proof that Rare still has their magic touch somewhat intact, so maybe I'll give it and Viva Pinata a go. I'm also disappointed they're not developing Killer Instinct, but I'm glad it is getting an addition to the series nonetheless.

Since it was a release game it is pretty cheap nowadays. I think I picked up my copy for about $10 and I feel I definitely got my moneys worth.

I haven't heard of this game, but I did realize that I had an icon or something that was related to this game. I might give it a shot if I see it at Gamestop. It might be worth one of my famous, here's what I did this weekend and here's my review of it.

Conker's Bad Fur Day is the last Rare game I played that I genuinely enjoyed. I played Viva Pinata, but it never hoked me. Too much stuff was going on at the same time. I also thought it to be a poor design choice for them to prompt you to enter names for your pinata's. This makes you think that you should care about all of your pinatas. That all changes when a bird pinata eats one of your worms and you realize that it is a waste of time to ever name anything again.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back