Xbox 360 What's the best gun?

slimboy

From
Victoria, BC, Canada
OK - that's a "loaded" question but I'm having trouble getting the hang of which gun is best and play Black Ops 2 more than Halo 4. In Black Ops 2 I'm an SMG kinda-guy and like the "run-n-gun" approach. Any suggestions?

I think the DMR is the best for overall performance. It's good for most scenarios. The Suppressor is also a favorite of mine for close range play.

It depends on what game mode you are playing. Are we talking about core or hardcore game modes?

I will start by saying that if you're trying to play any Halo game like you would Call of Duty, you won't get very far (save for SWAT). Precision weapons are pivotal in Halo, because they're the very best non-power weapons you can have, and the automatic loadout weapons are basically just for CQC. The reasons behind precision weapon dominance are that they have more effective range, and most importantly, a headshot bonus. This bonus only applies when the shields are popped, but it makes the difference between one or several shots, which can definitely make loads of difference when two similarly skilled players are one-on-one.

I personally use the Battle Rifle the most, but I have to admit that the DMR is more appropriate for most scenarios. If you want to be a complete CQC menace, try the Boltshot.

This is a bit biased in terms of responses seeing as I've been a competitive oriented player since CE, but I think in terms of preparedness, a DMR can't be beaten, followed closely by a BR. My reasoning would be that a DMR has markedly higher accuracy than some of it's other recoil precision-based weapons, and in the hands of a skilled player, can outshoot a lot of close range weapons.

The DMR kills the most effectively, both close range and long. And yes, switching from Call of Duty to Halo is a big change. You need to be patient, pace shots and you can't really rush into other teams spawns and expect to mow them down like you would on CoD.

The DMR is the best in my eyes. The Battle Rifle is a close second, but I have seen a few people really use the Carbine effectively. There is a difference, but it isn't going to be a game-changer. There is no substitute for overall map knowledge and gun skill. I'll take either of those over which gun most prefer any day. Try them out and see what you like. As your skill increases, stick with what makes you most comfortable.

If we are talking about power weapons, the Rail Gun seems to be the most powerful (to me). It kills short range, medium range AND long range very well. Because of this, it effectively switches the pace of the game and whoever has it, the other team has to play cautiously and defensively. Especially in Team Doubles.

I would say the DMR is my most effective weapon. Now I do have to mention I have not yet played multiplayer matches, this is all within the campaign and spartan-ops. The battle rifle is almost as good (seems like everyone is pretty much in agreement with that). I tend to gravitate to mid-range weapons more so than long or close range weapons.

I love the DMR. All of my loadouts have a DMR and no matter what other weapon i pick up, i always keep the DMR with me. Other than that i love the bolt shot. It's so underestimated but with promethean vision, you can kill practically anyone with any weapon if you hide in the right spots. If used right, it's basically a shotgun with a little bit of a cast-time. Any one concur?

Yes, without radar or Promethean Vision it's pretty balanced, as it takes your ability to predict where enemies are to use it. In games that have radar or allow you to use Promethean Vision, I feel it is overpowered and doesn't encourage fast-paced, good gun fights. Melee fights are intense, and expecting one and getting a Boltshot to the face isn't very fun. I miss older Halos where the game was more balanced and you didn't have all these different weapons and secondaries that were super powerful.

The DMR kills the most effectively, both close range and long. And yes, switching from Call of Duty to Halo is a big change. You need to be patient, pace shots and you can't really rush into other teams spawns and expect to mow them down like you would on CoD.

The DMR is the best in my eyes. The Battle Rifle is a close second, but I have seen a few people really use the Carbine effectively. There is a difference, but it isn't going to be a game-changer. There is no substitute for overall map knowledge and gun skill. I'll take either of those over which gun most prefer any day. Try them out and see what you like. As your skill increases, stick with what makes you most comfortable.

If we are talking about power weapons, the Rail Gun seems to be the most powerful (to me). It kills short range, medium range AND long range very well. Because of this, it effectively switches the pace of the game and whoever has it, the other team has to play cautiously and defensively. Especially in Team Doubles.

I would also debate that the Sniper in proper hands is the most sure shot kill at all ranges. Plenty of times have I had a few shots on me from behind, hit cover, jumped out and quickscoped for an easy kill. I find the railgun's scoping mechanism a little strange is all.

True...I tend to be on the receiving end of a headshot when I'm up about three of four shots on a sniper. I'm not really a fan of how the sniper rifle doesn't unscope when you are being hit...it just kind of wobbles a bit. With stability on, it's pretty simply to nail those headshot. If somebody knows how to use it, it is VERY deadly.

Maybe I just rush too much when people have the rail. That or I just stink with it :P

The best overall gun has to be the DMR. It is so accurate long range and can be used medium range. If i was just starting to play I would choose the DMR for sure.

As a sniping lover, I would have to go with the UNSC Sniper Rifle as the number one, best (for my use), with the Covenant Focus Sniper Rifle in second and the Promethean Binary Sniper Rifle in third. I'm actually not entirely fond of the newest sniper rifle. The original UNSC Sniper Rifle will always have a place in my heart, because since the beginning of the Halo series, in PVP, I have loved nothing more than using that Sniper Rifle to blow someone's head away. Although the laser, or energy rifles are pretty cool for 'pew pew,' nothing beats the sound of a man-made sniper sound and bullet for me, it feels and sounds more authentic. :)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back