Why is 60fps so important?

heavensdevil

With the recent fuss about Tomb Raider running 60fps on the PS4 and 30fps on the Xbox One made me think if having the extra frames really is that important. I know that having more frames equals smoother gameplay but I can hardly notice the difference when I'm in the middle of the game. All the time, I'll be focusing on what's happening on screen than care about whether it's 60fps or not. The only time I can tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps is when I'm watching a video but never while gaming. I'll be happy if the game does 1080p at a solid 30fps.

I agree, I can't really tell the difference? Guess we have just been playing consoles for to long lol! Most PC elitists go mental over this stuff lol!

Honestly, I don't know. But it depends also on the game. There can be times where FPS is important when all of a sudden, the game goes lagging like hell. Many hate that right? But other than that, I'm not really fuzzy about it. I guess it just depends on the person. Some like it smooth as possible, and some just don't give a damn about it as long as they can enjoy the game. There's always going to be a never-ending battle about the frames per second.

Agreed with thedoodseven. It all depends on the person. And also, it's still early to say. The consoles just got out and the developers have yet to really explore the full potentials of the consoles so don't worry, just 'cuz the Xbox One can't exactly put out full 30FPS doesn't it can't run 60fps on other games. Don't worry about it. Just enjoy the game!

There's no need to worry my friend. It's still an early thing. The consoles just got out, and the developers, like what marthyrocks said, still have yet to really explore the full potential. We'll see the Xbox One succeed soon when more and more games come out so don't worry.

I think 60 itself isn't important as a constant frame rate. I'd rather have 30 frames locked in than constantly jumping between 30 and 60.

I personally play PC often too, so when the FPS is under 60 it really annoys me for some reason, I'd love to see Xbone have consistent 60 fps when newer models are released.

There's no need to worry my friend. It's still an early thing. The consoles just got out, and the developers, like what marthyrocks said, still have yet to really explore the full potential. We'll see the Xbox One succeed soon when more and more games come out so don't worry.

This kind of argument is starting to get a little bit silly to me, honestly. Yes, the consoles just came out... BOTH consoles. So it's not really an excuse for the X1 getting inferior versions.

The main argument is that human eyes can't see over 60FPS, on top of that most TV/Monitors refresh rate is only 50/60 as well so frame rates over that amount are a waste.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back