How many controllers do you buy per year?

І usuаllу аvеrаgе аbоut оnе соntrоllеr реr уеаr. І'll еіthеr wаnt аnоthеr оnе fоr со-ор gаmеs, а sраrе, оr mауbе оnе wіll brеаk frоm tіmе tо tіmе. Тhіs аррlіеs tо multірlе соnsоlеs, nоt јust thе Хbох Оnе, thоugh. І hаvе twо Оnе соntrоllеrs аt thе mоmеnt, аnd thеу hаvеn't shоwn аnу sіgns оf wеаr. І dоn't ехресt thеm tо brеаk dоwn аnуtіmе sооn bесаusе thеу sееm fаіrlу wеll mаdе.

Thе соntrоllеr thаt саmе with my 360 lаstеd 3 yеаrs. Sо I'vе оnly hаd tо buy оnе оthеr. Whiсh hаs lаstеd mе until nоw. Likеwisе my PS2 соntrоllеr lаstеd likе 5 yеаrs bеfоrе it соmplеtеly brоkе dоwn. Nееdlеss tо sаy I dоn't usuаlly nееd tо buy nеw соntrоllеrs vеry оftеn.

I take care of my stuff so I have never found the need to replace my current Halo 5 and Advanced Warfare controllers unless something that looks nice comes out. I did start off with one white and one black controller but I fell in love with the former mentioned two because of how they looked and that was enough reason for me to buy them, I don't see myself buying another any time soon though.

I only have three Xbox One controllers right now and since one I've barely used I probably could just use that one when my other two wear out.

As far as controllers go, I don't seem to do too badly to be honest, and while I buy a custom controller every time I but my a new console, that along with the stock controller that comes with it are usually all I need for a couple of years at least.

I think a lot of people probably think the same way, and if the controller they've got works, then why replace it?

There are a lot of different controllers out on the market though, and some people do like a change every now and again, so while I don't think controllers will be the biggest sellers, they're clearly selling enough of them to keep making them.

I think I probably average about 2 per year. I prefer to have extra/backup stuff lying around, but I just have 4 right now and I don't even need that many.

Depending on how many FIFA championships I have in that year. Most of my controllers broke because I smashed them to the ground while playing a game of FIFA with some of my friends and seeing the game giving all kind of graphic bugs (thank you EA) that would make me fall behind in the game. By now I believe that this is all a conspiracy for us to get mad and destroy the controllers or even other more expensive stuff.

^ haha, I love how far you'll go to avoid the responsibility :) I had a friend that used to smash all of his controllers, I promise you it's just your ability to control your emotions. ;)

I think we'll find that there's quite a few people on here and most other gaming forums that have smashed a few controllers up in their time...remind me why we play again? Haha!

lol, I don't understand. I had a super rage case of a friend growing up, so I dropped the rage habit real early on because I saw how lame it looked to someone else. I've never broken a controller once, even when mad, it doesn't make sense to damage the controller whatsoever to me lol

I had/have a bit if a short temper but I've calmed down a lot since I've had to buy my own stuff and I now know how expensive controllers can be.

Speaking of rage, there's been a video around recently of a young kid playing FIFA and he loses in the last kick of the game. He goes ballistic. Not only does the controller go against the wall, he gets up, opens the bedroom window and the whole console gets thrown out, haha...I've never been that bad!

I know some people that wear through controllers heavily. I've never been one of those people. I will say my analog button usually gets worn the most. So after several months its not as tight as it originally was coming out the box. Generally speaking, I keep the controller that came with the console (so long as it wasn't defective). Sometimes I buy a personalized controller which becomes my primary. Then the stock controller becomes the secondary for friends. I've had quite the rage before on different games, but I've never reached the point of crushing or throwing my actual controller. The most I've ever bought in a year was two. But generally, it's one annually.

Wow, some of you are hardcore. I never smashed my controller. I just don't really rage that hard or to the point where I would actually smash something in real life. It seems a waste of money considering the price the new controllers are still sitting at.

I only get one controller - the one that Xbox comes with and I use the same one until it doesn't work anymore. If that's four years, that's four years. I still have the same Xbox 360 controller that I originally got it with so that's almost five years now and it's still in perfect working condition. Except maybe a bit dirty :) I just tend to really look out and take care of my gaming things because I appreciate them.

I bought my Xbox One a while after its lauch, and my controller is still working perfectly. Never had to change it, I guess I'm just lucky!
I hope now it doesn't broke tomorrow just because I said this!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back