Xbox 360 BenQ Optical Drive Replacement Issue

xboxGEASZY

I have an old Xbox 360 from 2007 and it has been having an intermittent issue with reading discs. Sometimes it can read but other times it thinks there is no disc inside. I tried cleaning the laser and adjusting the resistance to the laser but it hasn’t fixed the issue. I bought a replacement BenQ VAD6038 optical drive on eBay and swapped the motherboard that claimed to be new. It was able to read the discs quickly every time but it was not able to open and close on its own and had a sticky residue on the inside so I returned it. I got another one on Amazon from BenQ and swapped the boards but it is giving the same issue every time that it doesn’t think there is a disc inside. I put the motherboard back in the original and it can read discs intermittent so it tells me it’s not an issue with the board or my soldering. I returned it and got another that came with an Xbox 360 test disc but the same thing happened. Do I have to do anything else to certain BenQ VAD3068 drives besides swapping the boards, like some sort of reformatting? I appreciate and insight I really want to play my old 360 again!

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back